Sunday, September 30, 2007

Off to Scandinavia

Polse, a Danish hotdog, is quite popular in Copenhagen.

M* and I thought we'd have almost a week in Cambridge to relax, visit with friends and sightsee, but tomorrow and Tuesday we will be in Copenhagen. It's all for a good reason—M* has a job interview that could relocate us to Denmark or North Carolina. Neither of us has been to Copenhagen, so instead of him flying back to the UK directly after the Monday interview, I'm flying with him in the morning and we'll stay until late Tuesday. I hope to get a feel for the place, and determine how easy it is to get around speaking English.

I'm glad that Copenhagen is often described as a vibrant, dynamic, energetic or exciting, as the weather is often described as wet and rainy. M* and I already had a hard time coping with the wet, cold English summer. If Copenhagen is where we end up, we certainly will be making frequent weekend trips to warmer destinations in Europe. I just hope that easyJet expands their service from Copenhagen airport.

No comments: