Sunday, September 09, 2007

Uchi

One of the errands on my to-do list yesterday was buying "congratulations you had a baby" and "congratulations you're pregnant" gifts. By far the best store in Cambridge for such gifts is Ark. As is usual, while choosing the baby gifts, I found myself ogling something I had not planned on buying. The need not to buy anything was hard to resist, as I had just been at the post office shipping items that would not fit in our luggage. However, the stylish design of Uchi products, which Ark just began carrying, convinced me that there would be room in my luggage for one or two additional small items.

At first I thought I had found a great new black purse for myself, then I realized it was part of their Mister Uchi Line (a shaver bag). Not to be deterred, I decided that a slightly larger, carry-all version (top left image) would make a great dopp kit for M*. Knowing that my sister would love Uchi, I couldn't leave without buying her something. So I opted for the 'medium utility' from the Uchi Utility line (left) for her, and I threw in the 'mini utility' (right) for me. Ark carried some of the range of patterns available, and I eventually chose the 'super dot.'

M* is not one to spend money on himself, but he was thrilled with the dopp kit. He assured me it was the coolest one he'd seen. I was going to wait and give my sister her Uchi bag for Christmas, but I couldn't resist telling her about it later that afternoon. She was intrigued enough to go right to their web site—much oohing and aahing ensued. She pointed out the super-cuteness of the Uchicuchi Backpack Baby Bag (right in party dot ruby pattern). While my sister and I can't troll the physical aisles of a store together, at least we can cybershop together with broadband and Skype.

No comments: