Tuesday, February 06, 2007

International Gaming: Second Match

Settlers of Catan winners:
James and Manuela

While M* and I had a good time playing as a team, once again we lost a game of "Settlers of Catan." The same group (James, Manueal, Tialda, Michael, M* and me) gathered, and James and Manuela were the victors. The game does not require assigning second, third, fourth places, but I'm very much aware that M* and I came in last of the three groups. However, it was a good match with each group able to give the impression that they could be the winners. I admit that my attention wanes if my impending loss is too obvious to ignore, but, this time, the only other object of my interest was the TV showing music videos directed by Michel Gondry. Having never had MTV, I couldn't resist sneaking peeks.

Not only were James and Manuela the winners, they also hosted and provided tapas (pumpkin soup, tortilla Espagnol, baked aubergine/eggplant with tomatoes and cheese). James is taking the cheese class that I took last term at Hills Road Sixth Form College, and, towards the end of the game, he brought out a few of his favored selections. The St. Gall (Irish) and Croltin de Chavignol (France) were so good that a trip to the cheese shop has been added to my To Do list this week. I provided a sweet dessert of homemade, gluten-free chocolate chip cookies, which were devoured by the end of the game.

No comments: