Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Breaking News in Cambridge

Having lived in major cities most of my life and been a Journalism major, I took special interest in a story in the 15 Dec edition of the Cambridge Crier. The lead was "Top tips to look your best," and the intro paragraphs talked about the toll the lack of sleep and increased alcohol around the holidays exact on one's skin. There is then promise of products that "will put the zing back into your skin and banish any tell-tale signs of over-indulgence." I read on as I wanted to know what these miracle products were. Let me share with you what I discovered.

1) The Oral B Pulsar toothbrush. I thought that maybe someone had discovered this not only cleaned one's teeth but also pulsed new life into tired skin, but no such luck. Assurances on fresh breath, convenience of fitting into a clutch and learning that it only costs £5.99 at Boots was the only information.

2) A free gift set (17 by Eley Kishimoto) when you spend £5 on 17 products on at Boots.

3) Select Model Management's model search conducted via MySpace. One can upload a photo and check out "advice on healthy eating, exercise regimes, beauty and style tips."


Small town papers (actually Cambridge was granted city status in 1951)—you gotta love 'em.

No comments: