Wednesday, January 24, 2007

24 Jan 2007: London Eye

After witnessing the first Cambridge snowfall, we took the National Express bus down to London. I wish that I'd been able to snap a shot of the two snowmen I spotted during the trip. Both sat in fields devoid of snow. One was missing a head--as though the children had run out of snow before they could complete it.

Mom and I checked into the Elizabeth Hotel in Victoria, and then Tubed it over to the London Eye. Most likely because it was chilly and almost 4pm, there was no line. The circular journey takes about 30 minutes. Afterwards, we walked over to Trafalgar Square and decided to pick up tickets to see a play. We ended up at the Traflagar Studios to see Rik Mayall in "The New Statesman." It was bawdy satire not moving theatre. The crowd loved it--Mom and I were a little less enthralled but still had a good time. I didn't realize it when we bought the tickets, but Mayall was in "The Young Ones." That he was instrumental in creating both productions is not surprising.

No comments: