Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Homemade apple pie—gluten-free and delicious.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I must say, although being semi-homeless is not ideal, it's quite nice to have time to really enjoy the holidays. My mom pre-cooked one of the turkeys, made Moroccan spiced carrots and baked a stuffing yesterday. I made the cornbread and sauteed the onions and celery in copious amounts of butter for a cornbread stuffing, which I'll be baking this afternoon. As my uncle from Florida, who is arriving this morning, and my grandmother will be joining my mom for the ride over to my sister's, we realized that M* and I and all the food will not fit in the car. As the food can't find its way to my sister's on its own, we have to take the Metro over.

To further the holiday spirit, I was going to put on some holiday songs. However, the high today will be 70°, so it just doesn't seem appropriate. I don't have to wait long though, it will be going down to freezing late tonight.

Mom enjoys documenting our time spent with her.

No comments: