Thursday, November 09, 2006

A Quick Trip London
































Ventured down to London so M* could meet with an entrepreneur that my dad knows, and the lovely fellow took M* to a conference on RFID where he was a guest speaker. We stayed two nights, and I bought tickets on lastminute.com to see Bent with Alan Cumming at the Trafalgar Studios. I'm a fan of Mr. Cumming and he did not disappoint, although M* thought it took him a little bit to warm up. We then ate dinner at Thai Square which was on another spoke of the wheel of streets that is Trafalgar Square. It was fine, but the best thing is that it was open as we were starving and it was 10:30pm. The woman who came around with the credit card machine looked like a Thai Barbie, as she was wearing an almost-perfect replica of Ms B's classic pink satin dress.

While M* was attending the conference, I walked from Shepherds Bush to Kensington. Along Kensington High Street, I saw something that almost made me dash madly across the street: a Whole Foods sign. It wasn't until a car moved out of the way that I saw the remaining bit of info: early 2007. It'll be the first one in the UK. It's just another reason to take advantage of those £5 train fares from Cambridge to London.

Above are a few photos of Kensington and Hyde Parks. My favorite is the coon (the black bird with the white bill) sequence. Coons will completely disappear under water to dive for food--reminded me of the cormorants from Wachapreague.

No comments: