Tuesday, January 08, 2008

A Surprise Welcome in Phoenix

The red petals on the white bedspread were lovely.

When M* and I arrived in Phoenix a few days before New Year's Eve, we expected his sister and her fiance, Lindsey and Jason, to take us back to their place after getting us at the airport. However, when they pulled up to the Ritz, I should have suspected something. Instead, I thought that Lindsey wanted to show us where she worked. When they parked the car and popped open the trunk, I finally realized that our Christmas present from them was to stay at the Ritz.

Delicious, decadent and gluten-free.

Now, our two night stay would have been gift enough, but Lindsey went a few steps further. When we opened the door to our room, we were greeted by the version of "Baby It's Cold Outside" that I had written about on this blog, gluten-free chocolate cake and a bottle of wine, rose petals leading to and covering the bed, framed photos of M* and me and our cats, and a personalized note from the hotel management. We were also given access to the club level (breakfast, tea, cordials, etc) during our stay. The bar was certainly upped for M* in terms of planning a surprise getaway.














M* and I arrive at the Ritz, and a framed photo of us on our four year anniversary.

No comments: